The Hills Market has been a great supporter of Mobile Food in Columbus. Last year, they hosted a very well attended Mobile Foodie Fair. This year, they are starting out strong by offering not one, but two mobile food cooking classes. This serves two purposes. It breaks up the “meh” of winter with a new twist on cooking in the kitchen. The second purpose is to promote trucks in the off-season when they could use some (good not freezing) exposure and maybe a bit of catering revenue. Cure your curiousity about Mobile Cuisine and come to the Hills Market to meet, greet and eat with the guys behind the truck window or cart. Please sign up soon to help keep mobile food going in the wintertime.
Reservations required by January 15th. Call 614.846.3220
Hills Market, Tuesday January 17th.
Cooking Class: A Trio of Trucks | 6:30 p.m. | $25
The Hills Market kitchen will feature the talent behind three of our city’s best mobile food vendors: Hot Pita, Pitabilities and Kolache Republic.
Participants will start out in the kitchen for a one-hour demonstration class. Afterwards, Hills will serve a three course meal (complete with beer pairings from the folks at Elevator Brewing Company) in the Wine Department. The class is $25 per person and includes food and beer pairings.
• A Trio of Hummus: Hot Pita’s Truffle, Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
• Pitabilities presents a Buffalo Chicken Pita featuring their signature bèlla sauce
(perfect for Super Bowl entertaining!)
• Kolache Republic Kolaches with fillings to include nuts, cheese and fruit.
Cooking Class: Angie Theado of The Coop |February 28th | 6:30 p.m. | $35
Angie Theado of The Coop Food Truck presents three favorites from the Clintonville-based truck. Participants will start out in the kitchen for a one-hour demo. Afterwards, a three course meal (complete with wine pairings) in the Wine Department. The class is $45 and includes food and wine pairings.
• Duck Livers paired with a Winter Salad
• Seared Duck Breast with Shiitakes, Baby Bok Choy, Udon Noodles and Fried Duck Egg with a Mushroom Broth
• Ginger-Poached Pear with a Lemongrass-Orange Duck Egg Zabaglione with Caramelised Duck Skin.